Pages

Wednesday 21 February 2024

Today Was A Good Day

I seem to have got a lot of little things done today. I got round to putting the glass jars in the car boot which I've been meaning to do for ages. I've done some washing, listed something on eBay, tidied a corner here and cleaned a spot there and generally been more proactive than I have been for months. I'm not sure where that's come from, but I'm using my lists. 

Bear was in a good mood as he brought home his gold certificate from the Physics Olympiad. He's enjoying these crazy physics/maths/computer stuff so much and I honestly don't understand half the words he uses. He seems very happy in himself, however, so I'm good with that. 

I'm typing this and my head is nodding down. My sleep patterns are all over the place and I've started having 'anti-naps' where I'm awake from 2am to 4am, or I'm up from 1am but don't get to sleep until the following evening when I'm passing out at 7pm. Despite this, I seem to be getting quite a few bits done. By the way, I found a recipe for Tomato Wine. I'm not trying it. 


Writing stuff - this may be one of the reasons why I'm tired. I woke up at 4am and started writing. I wrote my response to the writing prompt of February 6, which is here. Then I wrote my response to the writing prompt of February 13, which is here. Then I wrote a short piece about whether I should review books here. Now I'm going to bed.

Hugs and good health to all. 

10 comments:

  1. I have read lately of many people have started waking up around 2am to 4am I wonder why? I have never had any problem sleeping , on a washing line is often said of me 8+hours usually, but the last 10days or so I have been waking up. I don't get up, just lie there listened to a podcast or radio then fall back to sleep usually within the hour. I am trying to workout why. I do not nap during the day.Very strange for me. Su

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's odd, I wonder if there's something in the change of weather.

      Delete
  2. I sleep much better in Scotland - maybe we face a better direction or maybe the sound of the waves puts me to sleep. Wishing you a good night. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sound of waves would be an awesome thing to sleep to. I wonder if I can set up my laptop for that?

      Delete
  3. Sounds like you are making good progress with your lists! Well done! Congratulations to bear, too, on his gold certificate. :)
    As for sleep - I rarely to go to sleep before 4:00 a.m.; yesterday, it was 6:00 a.m. when I went to bed. I do usually fall asleep in about 15 minutes, or so. Then, I wake up at 10:00 a.m. or, sometimes, 11:00 a.m. I rarely take an afternoon nap. I've given up trying to reset my sleep pattern. I just make sure that all my appointments are in the afternoon! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think managing sleep and working around what works is better than trying to force stuff if you can manage it.

      Delete
  4. Glad you managed to get some things done! I've been sleeping ok. Some nights I'm really tired after spending all day with the baby. I'd forgotten how much energy they take!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I was in a fog for a lot of bear's baby time, but I remember being exhausted to the bone and incredibly happy with the cuddles.

      Delete
  5. Might be the weather, I did a job I'd been planning to do for weeks yesterday, bucked me up so I might do some more today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that the weather can make a real difference in mood and life in general.

      Delete