Pages

Wednesday 7 February 2024

The Cooker Came!

The cooker came and got stuck on the steps.

We have a small outhouse type thing under the front steps. We had to replace the door, which was rotten, and the lovely neighbour that we had at the time fitted a door for us - but it was a door designed for indoor use. It may have been fitted before bear was born, or if not then, when bear was very young. Needless to say, the door is not in a fit state and the handle, the sort you get inside a house, sticks out. In fact everything sticks out. 


Then the dratted thing got stuck in the door way to the kitchen which is a standard sized door. Next time we'll have to pick a narrow cooker. As it was, the poor delivery men had to strip the packaging from the cooker and polystyrene bits were shed all over the kitchen and garden. 



I was a little niggled as I'd made sure that there was plenty of space to park in front of the house but they parked at the top and carried the cooker down. I respect their muscles.

Bear had a parents evening tonight and he picked up his report. I couldn't go (couldn't walk far enough) but DH went and it was epic. Bear is doing really well and they think that he's in a good place to get amazing grades. Best of all, though, is that his behaviour and attitude are really good and there were no complaints at all. That's the best bit, really. 

Writing Stuff - I've jotted down some thoughts about organising my writing and I've posted it here. I've got a lot of work to do. 

Hugs and good health to all. 


6 comments:

  1. I'm glad the cooker came and you finally managed to get it into the house. Well done Bear on the report! You must be really proud

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you got your cooker and hopefully, they fitted it in place and it is working well.
    Well done, bear! Woo hoo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So proud of bear! The connection gets put in next week so at the moment there are two cookers in my kitchen and neither can be used lol!

      Delete
  3. Nice to have a new cooker we have one and love it,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad that we're getting a new cooker. I miss having one, even with the gadgets. 10/10 would recommend cookers

      Delete