Pages

Friday 8 September 2023

Far Too Hot

It's currently ridiculously warm. I am not doing well at all. Anyone from warm areas would snigger at me complaining about having temperatures of 27C (around 80F) but I'm not impressed at all.

What is worse, all my joints are complaining. I can barely move at the moment. I think that tomorrow will be a 'stay at home and knit' day as I won't be able to do much more. Mind you, I have to get out earlier. The clothes airer that I had ignored is now shedding weird white powder after being left outside for a while, so I'm going to replace it. DH will be glad of something to take to the tip. He took a car full of bin bags to the tip Tuesday and again tonight, but he does like to visit the tip as part of his Sunday routine. I've got some stuff to donate that I can drop off when I shop, but I need a few bits of fruit as well as the new airer. 

Most of today's trip came from bear's room. Bear came back from the intake day a little out of sorts but had a power nap, took on a load of maths puzzles and then was so buzzed with excitement that he cleaned his room. Today we went into town to sort out bear's bank account (which we could have done over the phone, apparently, but we were given the wrong advice when we rang up) and the bus was so jolting, bouncing along on its brakes, that all my joints started hurting. They weren't in a good place anyway, so I'm now in agony. Still, I got to take some pics of Gladys on the way back into the house. There were so many bees and bugs.




I'll be glad when this all cools down.

Hugs and good health to all. 

9 comments:

  1. I'm with you on the joint issue, mine have been killing me. The only way to deal with it is to take lay on the recliner for a bit, then I can carry on. I'll be glad when it shoves off. lol
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry you've been affected, Briony. It's something that wears you down. I hope that you feel better soon.

      Delete
  2. Too darned hot! as the old song goes. I've taken some fuchsia cuttings from a neighbours bushes. I hope they root

    ReplyDelete
  3. It’s Mary… thought I’d try this way. Beautiful fuschia! Glad Bear perked up; stressful day for him. Yesterday here was the hottest so far, but the sun wasn’t fully out. The light cloud seemed to hold in the heat. 33c expected here today. Get some rest today - you have been very busy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's lovely to hear from you! It's far hotter where you are, I hope that you can keep cool in this heat. I think rest has been the only option.

      Delete
  4. I promise not to snigger at you (it was 96F/35.5C here, today, and I didn't even have the fan on!) if you promise not to snigger at me when it goes down to 70F/21C and I complain about freezing! LOL.
    Gladys looks lovely and so festive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I absolutely promise! But I think it's fun to see the different 'normal' temperatures in different parts of the world.

      Delete
  5. i can empathise ive a minor batch of shingles which causes everything to ache and hurt anyway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sorry to hear that - I hope that you feel better soon. Shingles can knock you back so much! Sending hugs x

      Delete