Pages

Sunday 3 September 2023

Too Quiet

For Bless - the acorns are developing but not there yet. 


There are plenty of hawthorn berries and rose hips around so I'm sure that there is food, and the conkers, the horse chestnuts, seem plentiful. I'll post more pics if I go back. 

I dropped bear off around 5pm yesterday. I'm picking him up around 10pm tonight. I hope that the friends he stays with are fine with that, and, more importantly, the parents don't mind. To be fair, I've always fed and watered any of bear's friends that turned up, but none have stayed over. I suppose I would have just expected them to show up for food and not upset the neighbours. 

Writing stuff - I had an article published on a blog here. It's about superstitions and there are a lot of interesting posts coming up, roughly one a day going forward. I should mention that some of the articles are what I consider very adult themed, and as I write stuff that's so vanilla it could go in an ice cream cone, I won't be sharing those posts, but I'll be linking to the others. 

I sometimes wonder about writing steamy stuff. I'm not exactly shy with my husband - but I've been very loyal to him and we've been married for over thirty years. I'm probably outdated. If I do write something racy (which may actually make money) I'll do it under a different pen name. 

Hugs and good health to all. 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the photo of the acorn! I'm sure the squirrels will enjoy them when they are ready!
    Bear is growing up, isn't he?
    I enjoyed reading about the black dog and found it interesting. I didn't know about the superstition about black dogs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was looking at the superstitions that are a little less well known, and I think that it's particularly a Celtic or British superstition so it isn't so widely talked about. I think it's a fun one, though. I'm going to keep an eye on the acorns.

      Delete