Pages

Sunday 24 September 2023

We Found Power Outlets

I think it's the dust that's been raised, but I can't stop sneezing and sniffing. This means that this post may be more haphazard than normal.

We moved two of the three bookcases and found a double power outlet. I couldn't believe it! I mean, who can ignore power outlets these days? As I explained to bear, when we moved in, nearly thirty years ago and put in the three bookcases, we had one computer and that was an Amiga 500. That wasn't a bad bit of kit for the time, but it was very different from now. Neither DH or I had mobile phones then, so the other power outlets easily dealt with the lamp, Amiga and electric heater or fan. I can't believe how much things have changed. I'm looking around and this room normally holds a lamp, a laptop, an electric fire, a PC, an Xbox, a printer, a steering wheel/gearbox/pedals for one of bear's games and chargers for phones, headphones, consoles etc. There are also fairy lights. How things have changed! 


That's a very shadowy pic of the outlet that time forgot. Interestingly, there wasn't any sort of fade on the wallpaper. You can't tell which has been in the air for thirty years and which has been behind a bookcase. 


It's more obvious in other places because psycho cat scratched things up. That darker band is due to the trick of the lampshade, there's no difference. One good thing is that bear has a cosy study area without electronics.


Which he is using remarkably regularly. Yesterday DH and I went out to leave him to it. 

Well, when I say that, we decided to go through the books and get rid of a load of them. This produced around half a dozen bags for life full of books and we wanted to donate them. The first choice was the Salvation Army, but that was unexpectedly closed. There was no parking near the closest charity shops to that so, after some thought and discussion, we dumped several hundred books on the small charity bookshelf at Tesco. I daren't show my face in there for a while! I know that we could have sold them, but we really wanted them out of the house so some poor customer service rep at Tesco is faced with our overflow. I have some more stuff to donate, but that will have to wait until after the car has been fixed (again). But we found a nice place to have a hot chocolate on the way back, so that was something.

The tyre pressure light came on again today. It had been fine for a while, but I suspect that there's a slow puncture somewhere. It may be that we need a new tyre or that we can patch this up. 

I really need to sort the garden out as well. The side honeysuckle is still going.


That honeysuckle plant is subtle, but it's been flowering for months now. The least I could do is give it a decent feed. 

Hugs and good health to all

2 comments:

  1. Yay for finding the hidden power outlets! Hope the new furniture arrangements will give easy access to them. Bear's study corner looks very nice! Well done getting rid of the books! I need to go through my books, too, but, I find it very hard to declutter books! Hope the tire can be fixed and it won't be a major cost.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our system is that we take everything off the shelves, then we each put back on only the books we really like. It's been tough but I'm glad that we did it.

      Delete