Pages

Wednesday 27 September 2023

I Have Concerns

I had planned to get out today. Storm Agnes was forecast to come through and I thought I would cheer myself up to sit in the car in the rain and knit. Things did not necessarily go to plan. The first issue was that I really had to force myself out of the house. Now I no longer need to take bear to and from school, it's hard to get through the front door. I could come up with a dozen reasons why I shouldn't go anywhere. I went in the end, but I'll admit to being concerned.

When I got to somewhere quiet to knit, Storm Agnes didn't turn up. She was busy causing havoc elsewhere. I sincerely feel for those who have been badly affected, but I felt let down. The flag was hanging down at Oakwell Hall.

But I enjoyed the beautiful flowers.

I parked up in my usual spot, and it looked like the hawthorn and acorns had been picked over. There was a little left, but I think that the wildlife had been busy.



But there were still plenty of hips on the wild rose, possibly because of the hairy bits inside. 


I'm going to have to try and get out regularly, even if it means using the car more. I'm actually quite worried. I think I'm going to have to be tactical about it and plan useful journeys. Still, at least I should get some decent pics out of it.

Tonight I have a drive for half an hour each way in the dark when the wind and rain should hit to collect bear from a friend's house. I am unimpressed.

Writing stuff - I've been writing about my plans for October here where the focus is going to be on my character Kane. On #HazardousToYourSanity, Brie has posted here about how horror movies can be good for you and given a suggested list to try - most of which I'm far too scared to try!

Hugs and good health to all. 

6 comments:

  1. When you command yourself to drive in less-than-ideal conditions, unnerving though it may be, it makes you stronger. ANY challenge makes you stronger if you conquer it. So, give yourself a pat on the back when you come through it unscathed. And the next time, look backward to the last trip and know you are capable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely to see the acorns and various berries/fruits. Back when I was working, I left the house at least 5 days a week. Then, I retired and I still went out a couple of times. Then came Covid and I stopped going out! These days, I might not leave the house for over a week and I'm fine with that. I just make it a point to start the car once a week or so. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'm worrying because mentally it's hard for me to leave the house, even if I want to. On the other hand, it can make sense to just do the trips you need - I never make things easy for myself lol. You have really seriously good reasons to stay at home and I hope you are continuing to stay safe.

      Delete
  3. It's really hard to motivate oneself to go out once the kids no longer need picking up isn't it. I'm so glad to have my friend to walk with five mornings a week or I would hardly set foot over the step. We play rummikub after our walk and I'm currently having a friend refresh my cribbage skills.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds really good practice - getting out with good company and a fun game of cards. Perhaps I should try and find a walking partner.

      Delete