Pages

Friday 22 September 2023

Some Productivity

I am a little worried about Red. My car is driving a lot faster. I joked about one tank of Shell petrol and she thinks that she's a Ferrari, but she's definitely moving faster. There is some grumbling as well when the engine is idling and I suspect that what she really needs is a long, fast run. What I don't feel able to do is take her on a long, fast run. I took her to the garage, however, and while there is a little give in the steering, it's nothing significant and they couldn't find anything wrong.

So I'm going to give a shout out to In 'n' Out in Pudsey, Leeds, because they could have made something up or charged for things that didn't need doing and they didn't - they are awesome.

I've done a little more on that scarf.

We're moving furniture around. It's been a long time coming as the chairs ended up in front of the bookcases which made it hard to get at books and lots of things got lost or forgotten. And there are lots of times when I would have liked a book to read but couldn't get at it because of the chair in the way. However this means emptying the bookcases which are the tall IKEA Billy bookcases and then moving them. They have stood in that position since 1994. It's going to be a shock seeing what's behind it - mainly cobwebs, I suspect. We've already emptied one bookcase and I've found a load of books that I really want to read now and disturbed a lot of dust, although DH was doing most of the moving stuff around. Once it's done, however, it will really improve things. One bookcase is going in the living room next to where bear has set up a desk. The idea is to leave a few shelves clear for him to use for his files of schoolwork. 

Writing stuff - today's post from Hazardous To Your Sanity isn't from me, but it's on a subject that would of course catch my imagination - the Salem Witch Trials. It must have been a terrible thing to live through. 

Hugs and good health to all. 

4 comments:

  1. Glad to hear that there was nothing wrong with the car. Looks like you made a lot of progress on the scarf! Moving furniture around is always fun! I used to do more of that in the past, but, now, I only rearrange the furniture in the family room during Christmas, to make room for the tree.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We rarely move things around, but for once we are changing things up.

      Delete
  2. I like the colour of that scarf, very nice. It's hard to find a good mechanic! Hold onto them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always get them chocolates - and they deserve it!

      Delete