Pages

Thursday 28 September 2023

I May Have Shopped

I spent a fortune on candles.

But on the bright side, I should be fine for candles until well after Halloween, even though I almost always have a candle burning, especially if there is a chill in the air. I think there's a couple missing from the pic but I can't be sure. Homesense is usually good because it can have some quite expensive brands of candles that are marked down. I'm not sure about doing hauls, because if I need excuses to get out then just picking up one would be a better strategy. Mind you, I'll be picking my times because the car park was overflowing! Annoyingly, the only one where I was likely to keep the jar was the cauldron, and I chipped it on the way home.

I quite like the brass bowl and I may add that to the corner with the fruit. 

I called in to see DH's aunt and had a nice chat. She's a lovely lady who has so many stories about DH's family and she adores bear. Perhaps that would be a good reason to go out - to call in for a chat. She's very elderly and almost housebound. Usually I just phone.

I really had to force myself out of the house this morning, but I did it and it will get easier with practice. Probably one of the next big expeditions will be getting bear a new desk. He has a desk in the living room that is away from things like computers so he can study in peace and without distractions, the corner I showed in this pic the other day.


However the desk wobbles. It's actually a folding table which is great at times like Christmas when it can be put in a corner and covered with treats, but it's not really sturdy. Between us, we've identified a desk at IKEA which costs very slightly more than my candle haul and which should be fine for him. 

The nights are definitely drawing in. I think it's a good chance to clear out stuff ready for the cosy winter nights. I think tomorrow may be a planning day - but we all know how I do with planning. 

Hugs and good health to all. 

4 comments:

  1. That's a nice little collection of candles you've got there! :) I had listed lighting a candle of an evening on my list of autumn joyful activities, but, I've yet to actually do so! Note to self: remember to light a candle! LOL. I bought my daughter a desk from IKEA, when she was in high school - she actually chose the bases (a set of drawers and a cabinet) and we picked the top to sit on top of the bases. We liked the fact that you can customize it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IKEA is really good for that. If I felt crafty there are loads of YouTube videos about customising IKEA stuff as well.
      I've always loved having candles on, they really make a difference for me.

      Delete
  2. Your candles look very interesting, and should be fun to use! On visiting the elderly - it is really a pleasant thing to do, especially if they have good stories to tell. I visit a friend with dementia in a nursing home every week, so the situation is different. But I go with a neighbor and we take puzzles, games, children's books and always have fun laughing together. It is a Very Good reason to get out of the house. I'm sure your relative will enjoy seeing you as often as you can go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get so much out of visiting Aunt. She has so many good memories of Leeds and I love hearing about the different way of things.

      Delete