Pages

Sunday 13 November 2016

Where Did I Go Wrong?

Bear has got a new computer game.  It is a truck simulator.  Bear went through the demo twice and then, after DH bought the actual game, has played it non stop.  The game is simple.  You drive a lorry, or truck, around the UK and Europe.  For example, he apparently took a shipment of watermelons from Newcastle (I'm sure they don't grow watermelons there) to Amsterdam for one of the trips.  Obviously there are factors like prices, routes, damages, etc.  There are controls for driving and bear has been responsible for quite a bit of (virtual) property damage while working it all out.

As he is only ten next month I am quite glad that he isn't begging to try Call of Duty or Assassin's Creed (I really, really stick to age ratings) but a truck simulator?  There aren't any swords!  Still, bear will like what he likes and I'll do what I can to work with it.  Apparently there are train driving simulators out there as well but I'm not mentioning those.

And a picture to remind me what is important.


We are very lucky to have the freedoms we have, and people have died protecting them.  It's good to remember that.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like he's having great fun with the game! Sometimes the simple ones are the best.

    ReplyDelete