Pages

Sunday 10 March 2019

Darn it to Heck (Again)

I'm finally pulling myself out of the pity party (I've been feeling very under the weather but absolutely nothing serious, thank you for the good wishes, they really help!) when I went over what I had in store next week. 

I have four driving lessons this week as I missed the last two weeks and I have a driving test in sixteen days. I could possibly get by with fewer lessons, but I am desperate to pass and get all this over with and I am nearly there.  Each one is a good few hours. My awesome driving instructor (who is completely awesome) gives me a good rate and is very tolerant, but there is a lot of money as well as time spent on these.

I have to pick bear up from school events three times - none of which coincide with a driving lesson so I could get dropped off and at least two are likely to involve taxis. I really need to pass this driving test. Bear has a climbing thingy, and two nights of house drama. That is, two rehearsals for a play put on by his house in school, rather than the normal drama that follows a 12 year old with strong views around his house.

Speaking of bear, I promised that I would sort out some blackout curtains for him as he was being woken up by the light now the sun is rising a little earlier. I don't have much I need to do, but I need to clear a good space (possible moving furniture) and finish off the Doctor Who curtains I made. They are actually two themed duvets (perfect length for our windows) and if I glue and stitch some fleece on the inside then I think that they will be quite light resistant. It's not a long job, but it will take long enough, especially as I'm making it up as I go along.

I'm still getting to grips with the physio exercises and they take a chunk of time, and I am supposed to be going for a daily walk. It takes me half an hour to psyche myself up to leave the house plus any time I take on the walk. I may just ask to be dropped off a little way from the house after a lesson.

I feel like if I do not get the kitchen and ironing sorted out soon I will die. I'm fairly confident that nobody has died because of an ironing pile, but it's becoming a hazard to what's left of my mental health. And can I mention getting the house cleared? DH took a full car to the tip and charity shop this weekend, and I need to be sorting stuff like that out on a daily basis. All the lights went out on Saturday because I switched the kettle on while the washer and dryer was going. I'm starting to twitch whenever I turn something on. I have been needing to get that re-wiring sorted for months and now I can finally move with purpose, I have to get started.

And I need to sort out some writing. I've got some ideas which I could submit but which are time sensitive. Also, White Hart stuff is backed up. I need to get cracking with that.

Challenge accepted!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete