Pages

Wednesday 20 March 2019

So Much for Plans

I'm still feeling swamped, and worried that I'll end up writing post after post of pity parties, so trying to keep it cheerful. However there is writing stuff going on that I really ought to cover, and there's stuff coming up that I may have a legal obligation to publicise and also there is bear.

Bear had food tech again. I thought it would be one of the sponge cakes that were listed in the booklet and I had all the ingredients in for those, but instead bear had to make trifle, and was asked to be creative. That meant that I was told on the Friday before I had to provide all the ingredients for banana trifle, including banana bread. The only decent oven to bake with blows all the lights every time it's switched on. I found a microwave banana bread/pudding type thing and it was a success with the men. They ate up the trial and demolished the replay so I'm taking it as a win. The recipe is here, but you need a lot more spice than it says. I'm going to have to bake more as bear is having issues with eating. I'm not going further into it on a public post, and it isn't serious, but I will be adding to his diet with healthy(ish) baked goods as much as possible. I am currently eyeing the cheese muffin recipes.

I did an emergency stop in the driving lesson today. I wasn't supposed to but a driver in front decided to suddenly stop at a green traffic light. I can't blame them as we all have those days, but I wasn't slowing down as it was a green light and then I had to stop very suddenly from just under 40mph (the speed limit). Apparently I was fine and it was appropriate etc etc but it left me a little wrong footed.

I may be feeling under all the weather but I still notice things. I took this picture today.


Yes, those are bright holly berries in March. I took the picture below, which is not the best pic I have ever taken, and it shows, if properly magnified, some of the berries next to the blossoms. 


I didn't get too close as I was perching on a kerb trying not to step into the traffic of a supermarket car park, but I thought it was interesting to see the berries now.

Writing stuff - I had a rejection and on top of that the people who published Glass and Ashes which included a contribution from me and who were going to be publishing Cogs, Crowns and Carriages (which probably will still go ahead with a contribution from me) have had an upheaval in the company. I'm only seeing hints but all the people involved are lovely and it's really sad to see them upset. I'm keeping my head down as much as possible! But it seems that the online book convention will be going ahead, and who knows what else.

Hugs to all.

1 comment: