Pages

Monday 25 March 2019

Oops!

Bear felt much better this morning and trundled off to school with a letter for his teacher to ask them to be respectful of his knee. Bear could make an oyster look chatty when it comes to school, so I'm not sure exactly what happened, but he seemed fine.

The last driving lesson before my test went okay I suppose. I practised the emergency stop a few times - not deliberately. Twice were for quick changing traffic lights and I think there were three episodes of cars pulling out in front of me. That was before the start of the lesson proper. I did okay as I practised a test route until I got near the end and stalled in the middle of the roundabout.

It was a long lesson, full of parallel parking, stopping, starting and general driving challenges. If they ask me to park in a bay, I'm stuffed. If I'm not thinking about it and chatting about nonsense, I can sweep smoothly into a bay without an issue. If I am thinking about it then I am lucky to even get near it.

As we talked the session over, I saw a couple walking and according to my awesome instructor (who knows everyone) one of them was a driving examiner and he was carrying a clipboard. It seems that sometimes an examiner decides that his safety comes first and they get the car stopped and then walk back to the centre. I haven't done that yet, so that's something.

It isn't even nine o'clock, but I am going to crawl off to bed now. I can't tell you how exhausted I am and my test is just after 8 am, so I could do with being rested.

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete