Pages

Thursday 24 October 2019

Foxed

Some incredibly kind people wrote some lovely comments with a lot of good advice and I have to sincerely apologise, because I accidentally deleted the comments. I am so annoyed. I shall be looking into lists, Vitamin D, self care and being grateful for the lovely people who come on here. Thank you.

This morning I dropped bear and his pal off, then came home through some of the back roads. I was hitting the speed limit of 40 down a narrow, winding country lane and a fox walked out in front of me. He (possibly) wasn't very big, so perhaps not much more than a cub, and he slowed down as he saw me! I was really worried, because I was driving a ton of metal at 40mph and he was just looking at me and judging! It was a sort of baffled disbelief that I was troubling him. Fortunately there was no-one behind me, and no-one near coming the other way (the road was just about wide enough for two cars to pass) so I managed to miss him. I hope he learns about cars without any further incident! It was a lovely start to the day, though, a meeting with a condescending fox.

Bear has left his bolognese at school again. I am making a note in a notebook (thank you Barb) to ring them tomorrow as bear isn't in school and I do not want a dish of bolognese sauce walking home by itself. I sent a good dish into school because I didn't want bear to look like a poor relation (there is money in that school!) and now my good dish is festering somewhere. Words have been said, though I don't suppose they did any good.

Writing Stuff - Today's post from me is a short story from a while ago which I very much enjoyed writing - here. Timothy Bateson in his 31 Days of Halloween is reading an extract from Moon Warriors by Kayla Krantz here. And last but not least is the Promotion by Fantasy and SciFi Readers lounge with an anthology of short stories and short stories and excerpts from 29 separate authors (including me), all free until 9th November! - find it here.

Hugs to all

1 comment:

  1. I seem to have the driving issue with squirrels. There always seems to be one crossing the road that just stops and stares at me. Sigh. Luckily I haven't hit one yet. I try to slow down and cross my fingers that they move and pass without incident!

    ReplyDelete