Pages

Sunday 6 October 2019

I Like a Quiet Sunday

I am now three more bin bags towards getting the house ready for re-wiring. Only a gazillion and four left to go. I'm still taking it as a win, though, and I've had a good rummage through the tin cupboard. I'm going to start working through some of the older stock and building meals around them.

I also need to run down the freezer, which is a job in itself. I think I am going to bite the bullet and just throw everything that has been lurking for a while and that I can't see me making in the future. Either that or force myself to actually eat the dratted stuff. There are some fish fillets in there, which I promised myself I would use and I've avoided every since. I can make a parsley sauce and just have them with home made chips and some of the frozen broccoli that I've been pretending I can't see in the bottom drawer. Fortunately, the weather is getting cooler and a multitude of sins can be hidden in spicy soup.

Apart from pottering in the kitchen, it's been lovely and quiet. We have hung out together this afternoon and had hot chocolate. It's been good. This evening I think will involve knitting and some quiet music.

Writing stuff - I forgot to share Timothy's post from yesterday, which was a preview of what is coming up in the Reader's Lounge. Today is a reading from Immortal Kiss by Laura Daleo, here. I'm keeping up the momentum on a 'post a day' during October with a poem first published around this time last year, here.

Hugs to all.

1 comment:

  1. Get your cooks hat on and eat up your freezer goods. Let's have no more talk of throwing away food. I remember my parents oft quoted line about the starving children in Africa ( I would have happily sent them my uneaten cabbage)

    ReplyDelete