Pages

Wednesday 16 October 2019

October Buds


This is a very poor picture of some buds on my rosebush. To be fair, it was raining when I took it. I thought it was worth noting that the rosebush that was very medium throughout the summer is now going into overdrive, just in time for the first frosts. I don't know how many of these will flower. I would consider bringing some into the house if I wasn't working overtime to declutter (and failing).

After some work, I had enough rubbish for a tip run, so I got out early and went to the tip before picking up bear. I would have had plenty of time if there hadn't been a hold up. I turned into the tip and immediately came to a halt. They were moving huge containers around and there was this weird machine like a digger, but instead of a digging bucket it had a huge round spiked thing which it was walloping the contents of the containers. I was stuck there for half an hour. I had my knitting in the next seat, and I was really tempted to get it out. What worried me the most was that I would have to reverse park in a tight space under pressure to get my stuff out of the boot. I managed to get reasonably in, but I was still too far forward really. I dumped the stuff and got out.

I managed to have a few minutes peace before bear got to the car with his pal, and I watched the squirrel playing. I know that they can be dreadful pests, but they look so cute that I was actually considering squirrel food.

Dinner was meatballs and mash. It went well, which was a relief.

Writing stuff - a quiet day today. There is an article by me here and a book spotlight from Timothy Bateson's 31 Days of Halloween here.

Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment