Pages

Monday 7 October 2019

I Loathe Road Works

There has been a change at the road works that started 10 September and were scheduled to last two weeks. There are no longer pits on either side of the road, so I'm not swerving past the barriers as if I was in a video game. Instead, they have now a series of pits deep enough for elephant traps and the lights take some time to change. It's ridiculous, and I've been spending around ten minutes each way, handbrake on, neutral gear, practising my positive thinking. Ten minutes may not seem much, but it can mean the difference between getting caught up in the worst of the school traffic and having an easy run. Darn it to heck!

There are currently two roadworks on the run, though one is a fairly straightforward one that isn't too bad, especially if a huge white van doesn't sit so close to you that you are worried that his number plate will scratch my paintwork and we are waiting on a hill so I had better nail the hill start. If the weather is half way decent, I can go along some back roads, but not only was it tipping down this morning, but the dratted road is closed, darn it. I may end up going through the scary IKEA roundabout if it doesn't clear up.

Writing stuff - Timothy Bateson has a brief article about vampires here, written by his guest author Carmilla Voiez. I confess that my post today on my blog is the Writing Challenge here - and I haven't got a clue! And keep a look out for the October Frights, which will be starting on the tenth.

Hugs to all.


2 comments:

  1. I hate roadworks too. They always seem to be on the same roads and the ones that need doing (i.e. the ones with the holes in them) never seem to get fixed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has been said that here in Canada we have two seasons- winter and road construction.
    Barb

    ReplyDelete