Pages

Monday 30 March 2020

Deluge of Disney

Bear started on his school work early on while I stayed upstairs. When I finally came down midmorning he had cut any calls with his pals and was watching Disney - all the Disney! As I mentioned, we subscribed to the Disney Plus and bear has been watching the animated films back to back. It's been something of a distraction.

I'm desperate to try and keep some structure. It helps that DH is working office hours from home, so he has fixed start, finish and lunchtimes. Today I did a little of this and that, and I'm very disatisfied with what I achieved. Tomorrow I'm going to set myself stricter targets. I'm not going to write them here. I have issues, and possibly a condition, because if I promise that I'm going to do x, then it is guaranteed that I will do anything but x - sometimes all the letters of the alphabet except x, but no x. I daren't write, 'I'm going to...' because it's almost a curse or a geas that it won't happen.

One thing I have quickly abandoned is all hope of decent meal planning. The idea was that I will check everything in the morning, make a decision on dinner and use what needs to be used up first. Between the two men, I may as well try and nail down fog. Tonight bear didn't want to eat at all, so DH and I had chili con charlie.

We had a delivery today, and practically everything was on it. It was nice to speak to someone else, as it's a driver I've chatted to for years. We're good for a while except for veg, and I'm planning a trip out for that. I'll probably be a good girl and go to Aldi and not try a new route to a farm shop I've never visited before, for the driving. I just need to work out what I need to get for around a week. Carrots never seem to keep for me, nor do parsnips, but I could make a massive batch of soup to freeze (now have some room in freezer) and I could use some potatoes.

I've resurrected the idea of a blog about online shopping. I haven't monetised it yet (thought I will), and it's in a poor state, but I'm going to post about what I know and my experiences. These are strange times and nothing is guaranteed, but I expect that more people than ever before are going to be ordering online. I plan (seriously, don't jinx it) to get a couple of articles up per day for the next few weeks, just to point people in what I believe is the right direction and the mistakes that they can hopefully avoid. Then I will get adverts and things sorted, and I may make a few pennies, but I'll get around to that.

The blog - Online Shopping Tips and Tricks - is here. You may like to look at it later, when there is more up or it's a little more polished. 

Writing stuff - this week's challenge is here, all welcome.

Hugs and good health to all.

5 comments:

  1. I have actually never seen so many delivery trucks on my block than in these past few days! In fact, my daughter and I were discussing the pros and cons of her doing a quick grocery shop now versus later versus having groceries delivered. Partly because, yesterday, our federal government guidelines for social distancing were extended for another month, until the end of April. When she grocery shopped, last, she grocery shopped enough for two weeks and she's now missing having the variety of fresh produce she has been used to having. I've never had groceries delivered, so the whole thing sort of boggles my mind!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm dissatisfied with what I've achieved (nothing!) too. I get my daily things done, but I seem to have trouble getting motivated on additional things I had planned on getting done.

    The website sounds like an interesting idea. I am trying not to shop at all at the moment, but I'm really, really tempted lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like it was more Chilli sans bear - hope he is OK and back to eating today, it must be frustrating.
    I am just having a blog catch up - have been too busy to post and read recently, but things are settling down.
    This whole world crisis is of course due to the fact that we had been planning our new kitchen again for the umpteenth time. Everytime in the past when we have been close to ordering some unforseen catastrophe has happened in our life and we have had to cancel it but it has generally been something contained to our family. I am worried now the jinx has extended its borders!!
    Stay safe. Will come back to read your tips and tricks - have a lot to catch up on x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You always make me smile!xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I peel my carrots and put them into a lidded container interleafed with damp kitchen towel and they keep for at least a week and are ready to snack on if needed. I also do this with washed and spun spinach and lettuce and it stays crisp and fresh. Jessica.

    ReplyDelete