Pages

Saturday 28 March 2020

I Finished Something!


I finished a blanket! This may look like an 'arty' shot, but it's actually just an attempt to show the three colours without spreading it out as any shot of my home would show a serious lack of housewifery. I used a free Ravelry pattern - Garter Squish by Stephen West. It's basically just garter stitch with two strands of yarn and I used mid blue, pale blue, dark blue, pale blue, mid blue in stripes with a sort of mottled grey throughout, both of them DK which I think is slightly thinner than the pattern calls for. It has a cute rolled edge which I'm not going to try and photo, and I got the yarn from Marriners Yarns. I'm not going to put a price because it is going to be a gift, but it was around 1000g of yarn and the main expense was the time, a lot of which was waiting to pick bear up from school.

I will have to post it off, but I want to wait until after I've had it dry cleaned. It should be machine washable, as it's acrylic, but it's around 180cm square, or around 6 ft and I think my washer may struggle. It's a wonderful cuddly blanket. I did one with slightly different dimensions which bear has already commandeered, and I plan to do a few more to snuggle under. I know we are heading into summer, but it doesn't feel like it.

Thank you for all the good wishes. I have a suspicion I have had the corona virus. It may just be hypochondria, but I've definitely had the symptoms. I no longer have a temperature, though, so I'm good to leave the house under the social distancing rules. I shouldn't be infectious, but I worry that I could carry the virus from bear. I'm putting off going out until I need to.

Bear is still poorly, but doing okay. I think that it's going to be tough for him, shut inside all this time. I'm working on ideas to keep him busy after he has finished his school work.

Hugs to all and wishes for good health

1 comment:

  1. That is a lovely blanket! Whoever is going to receive it will be thrilled, I'm sure. That's kind of scary that you might have had the virus and not even known it! Hope bear feels better, soon!

    ReplyDelete