Pages

Sunday 29 March 2020

Two Knitting Fails

I knew it was too good to last.

A few weeks ago I found myself stranded with only a circular knitting needle and next to an Aldi selling yarn and started a smaller blanket to work on while waiting for bear. It went disastrously wrong and I keep trying to remind myself to go fetch the yarn out of the car and restart after knitting around six inches of 150 stitches. Meh. And I've been trying to knit a hat for donations, but it's also gone horribly, horribly wrong. I have a lot of unravelling to do. Darn it to heck.

But I think I'm doing okay in other ways. We have hung out together today, just like other Sundays. We watched Aladdin and then just chilled together. It's all been very calm.

It's really cold, colder than half of January, and there was even a little snow this morning! I don't think my feet have been warm all day. It's definitely a good time to snuggle in. Unfortunately, it's spring, the clocks have gone forward and we should be getting more active!

Bear is a little better, which is a relief, but he is still coughing. I've been reacting, rather than pro-active, over the last few days, especially as he has been so poorly, but tomorrow we are going to work on a proper structure to our days. Last week we were told that this lockdown would last for three weeks, but I would be surprised if it doesn't go on for a good deal longer, especially with bear and school. As a household, we are in an incredibly fortunate position. We have some savings, we have food in the cupboards and a roof over our heads and the incredible luxury of the internet and space for us to spread out so we can be in different rooms while using that internet. We all have supplies for our hobbies, so things could be a lot worse. I'm feeling blessed.

Hugs and healing vibes to all.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad Bear is feeling better. I find myself not sticking to schedule as I feel all out of whack. I'm not sleeping very good, find myself sleepy in the daytime...sigh. I'm thinking 3 weeks isn't going to do it here either. We've been under this order for a week and the cases are going up and up and so is the death toll. I don't see how things can get that much better in two weeks. For now though I'm trying to take it day by day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely to hear some positives.xxx

    ReplyDelete