Pages

Tuesday 24 March 2020

Shopping

I'm feeling better and I should be free of the lurgy, if it was the lurgy. According to guidelines, I can go out tomorrow. I do wonder if I should. We have a lot of stuff in the house, and I could last a few days more. However I am going to be buying more because now, and for probably a few months, I will be needing more. Bear will not be having school lunches, and I will not be sending him around the corner for a sandwich. DH will not be getting his lunch from the Subway near work but be eating at home. There will be extra coffee drunk, extra toilet paper needed as a result of the coffee and as no-one will be picking up a treat to and from work or school, I need to have them in. It should in theory work out less expensive over all, even including the extra we will be spending on electric for heating and computers.

Tomorrow I plan to call into a farm shop to see what they have in the fruit and veg line, and then possibly to Tesco, where there is a bottle bank to get rid of some of the jars. I hope I'm okay driving. It feels like a long time since I started a car.

I don't think I need much, just some bits for lunches. Bear is notoriously picky and DH likes ham and cheese sandwiches and we are out of ham. I'm determined not to buy a thing I don't need (unless I walk past a really good sale on yarn, then all bets are off). I hope things are settling down.

I pre-ordered the Disney plus channel a few weeks ago. I didn't know how much of a boon it would be. We are going to hang out together tonight and watch Jungle Book. Bear hasn't seen it, and I have a wonderful memory of watching it with my grandmother when I was very tiny. As a pre-order, it cost £50 for the year, and I think we will get our money's worth in the first week. I must remember to make room in the budget next March to renew as it's not only going to be Disney plus but also my MOT and car insurance.

Writing stuff - this week's answer to the challenge is here.

Hugs to all with good vibes and hope for good health and safety.

2 comments:

  1. I am glad you are feeling better. I hope you are able to stock up on what you need and everyone stays safe and healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I usually read blogs i the morning as I eat breakfast, and reading yours the other day I had a shock - how on earth do you get a delivery camel I thought? On closer reading, and after more tea, I realised it was just an exclamation mark after the word "came" (i.e. My delivery came!). It amused me no end and thought it might put a smile on your face. I have just seen tha MOTs can be deferred for 6 months - good news for you, and me too as mine runs out next month.

    ReplyDelete