Pages

Saturday 21 March 2020

My Delivery Came!

Mindo - my heart goes out to you. Sending all good vibes to your family, especially your husband. Like your DIL, my breathing is much better, and I'm considering myself on the up. However I feel totally exhausted, as if after flu.

My delivery came! I don't think I've ever been so glad to see a delivery, not even at Christmas. Most of the stuff was on there, with only a few substitutions, but I hadn't asked for loo roll or pasta, so I was hopeful. There was some meat, some veggies and some flavoured water for DH and bear. There were all the essentials. There were even a couple of pot noodles for bear, which I didn't really expect, but was incredibly grateful when I saw them.

I'm feeling sort of better. I am breathing okay (as long as I stay still!) but I am soooooo tired. DH is not well either. I'm not sure whether it's the big thing or just the stress and strain. I shall be keeping a close eye on him.

Bear is doing okay. I think he's quite enjoyed being on his own, to be honest. He's hitting the age when having his mum around all the time isn't cool. He's looking okay but he also says that he is utterly tired.

If I follow the guidelines, I should be able to leave the house next Wednesday. I think I shall be okay, as I've lost most of the cough, and I think I'm going to be hitting the normal aftermath of a virus. The first thing I'm going to do is drive to the tip as DH has had a clear out in the kitchen (he is my hero) and then I will try a farm shop for fruit and veg. We have been heading to a more plant based diet anyway, so it won't harm us.

I shall have to get back into a car soon. My instructor (who is going to be hammered by these new rules as all driving tests are off) suggested I drive every day for the next few years, so I don't forget how to drive. That may be problematic if we have a full lockdown.

It's strange who things become the new normal. Who would have thought six months ago that we would have been so obsessed with where we can get toilet paper? Now it is almost assumed. I can't believe I am worrying about being able to buy things that were on offer last month.

So many people are affected in so many ways, from being overworked to being laid off to having health seriously threatened. Sending all good vibes to everyone who reads this, with all wishes for good health and good luck.

Hugs to all.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you're feeling a little better!

    Who would have thought two weeks ago that we'd all be after toilet paper like it's gold?

    We're all doing okay here so far. FIL and MIL have been sick but it's more a regular cold but are still self-isolating just to be sure. I was glad to talk to my Mum today. It's hard because she's so far away but my sisters are nearby and helping her.

    Take care

    ReplyDelete