Pages

Wednesday 5 April 2023

An Expensive Bag of Salad

Sharon - thank goodness I won't have to make that run again for a while! And I think that you're right. It's been the other drivers that have bothered me as the road is nothing particularly difficult. There are too many small vans, I think, who are driven by young lads who don't really care about what happens to the boss's vehicle.

I dropped bear off this morning around 9am and then had a brisk walk up and down the White Rose Centre - definitely indoors as it was raining. The car park was pretty empty as the main area didn't open until 10am, although some of the shops were open so I was able to briskly walk for around twenty minutes and two thousand steps. 


Then I picked up a small bottle of cola and a gluten free treat and headed to a car park. As it was raining, I decided it was going to be my day out this week and I went to a car park where I sat and knitted in the rain. It is incredibly soothing for me and brilliant for my mental health. The car park was also quite empty.


But the shop was open and so were the toilets so I wandered to and from a few times, each time making sure that I went the long way around. I also thought of Tolkien's verse, 'In every wood, in every spring, there is a different green,'



I managed to get back to the White Rose where the car park was absolutely full - really heaving. I managed to get a spot in a far corner and then did a brief walk inside the shopping centre before diving into Sainsburys again to pick up some salad for DH. I spent £18.10. Of that, £1.10 was the salad, £16 was the top and sweater dress that were not only half price but my size and in my favourite colours and £1 for the bag that I unexpectedly needed to put them in, as I thought I was only going to buy a small bag of salad. 

Bear made his own dinner (something beige and beans) and I was pitifully grateful. At time of typing, I'm just over seven thousand steps and I'm exhausted. To be honest, the drive, even though it's shorter, has taken it out of me and last week was tough as well. I plan on not walking anywhere particular tomorrow. 

I've spent this evening trying to make sure that every post on my writer's blog has a proper category. There are over two hundred posts, over three hundred if you count all the ones that have been duplicated. I'm going to have to go through them again a few times, but I can't face that at the moment. I've managed to categorise all but the last month or so, and I'll take that. 

At least bear's course is over now. He's going to a library with friends for revision tomorrow, but he's going by bus - by his own choice. I'm not sure if I'll have to do pick up. I'm sure that I'll find out. 

Hugs and good health to all. 

2 comments:

  1. Wow, you got a lot of steps in! Too funny about the expensive bag of salad! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was an expensive bag of salad but I'm sure we've all done that before. Have a restful day with your feet up. It'll do you the world of good.

    ReplyDelete