Pages

Tuesday 4 April 2023

Catching Up

Sharon - thank you, that's great praise from you. I think of those skies as April skies. I think that the sky can be such an amazing colour this month. 

Bless - thank you. Driving continues scary

Eileen - I don't know where bear got his great attitude from, but it's working for him. The walking is getting better.

Today's drive was still scary. The highlight in the morning trip was when a car not only cut me up at the traffic lights but swerved across traffic to get to the motorway. It got away as soon as the lights change and I am glad that my reflexes exist. I may fit the profile of someone who is slow away from the lights (older lady, citroen) but I move with purpose when the lights start changing. 

I dropped bear off and got lost in the car park before heading towards Tesco. I didn't have a walk in the park as I was running late, but dropped off bear's tie and blazer for the dry cleaning (as requested, I think that they could have lasted the next few weeks plus exams but I'm glad that he wants to be smart). I nipped in to Tesco for the flavoured water that he likes, and picked up a reduced pack of casserole veggies for 70p instead of £1.20. I'm keeping an eye out for celery for the freezer, but no luck so far. 


I pottered around a little bit with some housewifery, basically just moving things to their right places, then nipped out to pick up bear. As I didn't have a walk earlier, and I didn't want to wander around in early afternoon sun, even in April, I did a quick walk along the length of the White Rose Centre and back.


I think I walked briskly for around 25 minutes, to the best of my ability, but a crowded shopping centre isn't brilliant for a brisk walk. I only added around two thousand steps, and I'm on around 4200 at the moment after that and the walk around Tesco, but I'll live with that at the moment. I'm tired and I'll start again tomorrow. However the walk is getting easier, so that is definitely something. I also got some knitting done, and I really enjoyed that.

I picked up bear, getting lost on the way in, but at least I identified some spaces around the far end of Sainsbury where there was shade. Then I got bewildered on the way out, ended up in the wrong lane and ended up with another circle around a couple of car park sections. 

I converted the veggies to soup with some spices, stock cubes and lentils, and not only was it very pleasant but when I go back down, I'll have at least three or four more portions to stash away. I'm already mentally looking forward to them. Bear hasn't wanted anything. I don't know if he is just hitting a quiet spot in the growing spurts or whether he went in hard at the lunch provided at the classes. The last one is tomorrow. 

I have no idea what I'm doing tomorrow, apart from bear's lifts. I'm not even sure what I'm doing in the next hour (apart from putting up the soup). However over the next few days I really want to catch up with the blogs that I've been missing. I feel adrift without them.

Hugs and good health to all. 

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like a busy day! I think you're doing really well with the driving! I always tell husband that I'd be okay driving x way, or in x weather if there wasn't anybody else on the road! Some drivers scare me more than any weather!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are definitely busy! Well done with all the walking! I am resolved to try a daily walk, again.

    ReplyDelete