Pages

Monday 17 April 2023

Self Pity Party Again

Thank you for all the amazing good wishes. I feel hugged, and I need it. I have been wearing the blanket with ears that bear said he wanted then utterly rejected. I look like Chewbacca, but it's so comforting.

I am not feeling very well. It's next to my ankle on my shin so the 4k steps I've done today plus the driving have probably not been ideal. I picked up some plants although I am feeling unenthusiastic - it was three sweet pea plants from Tesco as the last lot are still fine. Mind you, something has dug in the flower bed. Current main suspects are rats, cats or Cedric the Squirrel. There are some flowers on the established rosemary.


You can see the splendid display of dandelions I have in the background. It's in a pot and I plan to move it to somewhere with a little more sun and less water. It's not really done much for the last few years so I'm hoping that if I remember to water it, feed it and cossett it, then it will flourish a little better. 

Bear asked for his blazer and tie to be drycleaned, which seemed something of a waste to me as we have around five weeks normal school times, then he just goes in (in uniform) for exams until I think 21st June. Still, it's him that's wearing it and I'm sure that there will be plenty of pics. The blazer looks fine and fortunately will hide the stain that the dry cleaners couldn't get out of the tie once it's buttoned up.


I have no idea what it is. And after the 21st of June it won't be a problem. I had planned to gather together ties over the school years and perhaps make a patchwork of some sort, but I cannot face the thought.

I also forgot cheese. DH loves his pasta bake with plenty of cheese and I make it every week. Unfortunately I forgot the cheese today so he had a rather insipid version. I feel so guilty, even though he was fine. 

Writing stuff - I'm somewhat concerned about how many of the illustrations for the Invitation Accepted series are for food. The latest chapter is here. Fortunately it was mostly loaded before I felt really poorly. I'm getting my head down and working on the next instalment as something tells me that it would be best to get ahead.

Hugs and good health to all. 

2 comments:

  1. Sending hugs your way. Try not to be too hard on yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you feel better, soon, Lyssa. You did well to get in 4,000 steps! The rosemary plant looks good. Nice of the critters to help you garden by digging it for you! :)

    ReplyDelete