Pages

Monday 10 April 2023

I Dropped a Dish

Bless - working up to thirty minutes walking is the sensible way to do it. I hope that you are enjoying (and your garden is lovely to walk in)

Sharon - thank you. Sometimes quiet is heaven

Cherie - on blogger, there is a thing for comments. For me, at the top, there is a tab saying 'Awaiting Moderation' and there's a little downward pointing arrow that opens a menu. I see 'All', 'Awaiting Moderation', 'Published', and 'Spam'. I found quite a few comments from friends in the spam folder when I started looking. 


Yesterday I planted some sweetpeas from Tesco. They looked incredibly healthy in the store, so fingers crossed that they grow. I'm not hiding the state of the garden at the moment, which is appalling. It's against the iron trellis and the old honeysuckle, which is also looking remarkably healthy.



I'm hoping to get the honeysuckle (which tends to die off a bit after June) and sweet peas intertwining. I shall have to be very keen on deadheading, which may deprive the squirrel and birds, but we're keeping the bird feeder topped up. The squirrel is incredibly broad in the beam.


Above is a small patch of earth that has four gooseberry plants from last year, three fuchsias from Tesco (the offer was 3 for £6) and a very small rosemary plant. They say that rosemary flourishes where women wear the trousers. According to DH, the rosemary should be shooting up wildly and rampaging like a triffid down the street. According to me it will need all the care and attention I can lavish on it just to survive. 

I don't expect the fuchsias to take off like father's fuchsia. That was down to father entirely. Speaking of which, I'm going to keep hacking it back. Look how it's taking over the space from the yellow rose. 


That rose is older than bear, I bought it for 50p when it was half dead, and it has survived all the neglect I can throw at it. I'll encourage the fuchsia to grow up and not out, as the other side has a lilac that I really like.


The rose is looking the healthiest I've seen in years. I suspect that the sparrows are decimating the aphids that normally live there. 

That was yesterday. Today I dropped the dish I normally use for DH's pasta bake. It's pyrex, but it chipped. It gets a lot of wear, so I'm not really surprised, but I'm not really comfortable using a chipped oven dish. That is the main news of the day, that I dropped a dish. I'm feeling quite calm and relaxed and ready to move with purpose, so that's good. I've also almost finished the back of the sweater that I planned to knit for Lent. I think that's typical for me, but I want to get it finished soon.

Writing stuff - an instalment of Invitation Accepted is here.

Hugs and good health to all. 

2 comments:

  1. Hugs. Hope you can find a suitable replacement soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your garden is going to look lovely with the new plants and the old plants all filling out over the next few weeks. Looking forward to seeing more pictures of your garden.
    Sorry you dropped the baking dish and it chipped. Consider it as a sign that any bad luck has left the house. :)

    ReplyDelete