Pages

Thursday 21 June 2018

Noisy Evening

It makes a change.  Tonight we do not have neighbours fighting or blasting loud music, although, to be fair, they've been more early morning disturbances recently.  Instead we have a large tanker type thing and some men in hi viz vests doing something dreadful to the sewer in the street.  It's 10.30pm local time at time of typing and I'm not impressed.

I keep forgetting that there is a sewer unless I spot a rat.  I know that the waste water has to go somewhere, but I don't really think about it much.  I'm not surprised that there are issues.  We are very careful to wipe grease off plates and pans before we wash up, and I think our neighbours are the same.  However, within a few hundred yards I think we have a number of businesses including two fish and chip shops, a pizza/indian takeaway, a chinese takeaway, a cafe and a school all placed to feed into the sewer.  I don't expect the dripping from four burgers that I've cooked makes much difference. 

I kept bear off school today.  His hand and his syndrome are both bad, and today is one of the many sports days the school have so I kept him home, much to bear's disappointment.  I didn't get any phone calls made but I managed to get some herbs planted out.  Hopefully I shall get a little more done tomorrow. 

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete