Pages

Saturday 16 June 2018

People are Kind

I talked about the lack of photo with Our Write Side and they were awesome and accepted the submission.  I'm going to have to get a photo sorted, though.  I've no self confidence to start with and now I have scars on my face from the (very minor and easily treatable) skin cancer, it feels even worse.  I'm going to have to go to one of those studios that do the make overs. 

I think it shows that there are lovely people in the world.  The bad stuff makes headlines and the good stuff goes unnoticed, but there is a lot of kindness in people.  I honestly believe that there are more good people than bad.  So when I grumble about the neighbours or the gas company or dratted driving instructors, I still feel that they are more than balanced out by the good that is out there. 

Today I went to a brand new Aldi.  The one I had been using has shut and re-opened about a mile away and nearer to us.  It's plausible to walk to and I may set aside a day to do it.  I can have a tootle around the much bigger and flashier store and get a taxi home.  It's worth doing for the exercise, even if I can drive.  I took pity on the till assistant and didn't talk about the move.  The people on the till are marked on whether they make conversation and are friendly so they have to say something.  I knew her enough to say hello to at a bus stop so we had a good moan about the bus service.  What can I say.  The nearest bus is grim. 

I didn't get a good browse today.  Bear came in with me to push the trolley, which is a performance by itself, and I treated him to a football.  After that I was on pins that we would end up on YouTube with a spectacular crash in the hard liquor section as he couldn't keep his hands off it.  I still managed to spend over £70, but that included a football and some baskets to help organise my kitchen cupboards.  The ones I used in the tin cupboard have been really successful.  I already have a better idea of what I will need in my next online shop. 

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete