Pages

Friday 8 June 2018

Skullduggery Pleasant Rocks!

I got bear a copy of the first book in the Skullduggery Pleasant series for Christmas.  He browsed through the first few pages soon after but didn't get hooked.  Then DH started reading the first book out loud as part of the night time routine.  We all got caught up in it.  Bear read on ahead and and asked nicely if I would get him book 2.  I strung it out a bit (I'm trying to teach bear to wait patiently for things after father and uncle always getting him goodies straight away and my brother heading in that direction) and bought book 2.  Bear finished that.  He asked nicely for book 3.

Then a deal came out in the Book People.  I can't do a link because I order through TopCashBack, but The Book People are an online store that sell cheap books.  It's usually new books in collections that go at a good price.  They also drop leaflets at schools and various offices.  I've always had good service from them and though their prices are extremely good, they only have what they have.  It's not quite remaindered stock, but it's not the stuff on the shelves.  They had a deal where a set of the first nine books of the Skullduggery Pleasant series were on sale for £14.99. 

I threw it open to the men.  Bear was very keen on the books, so he wanted the stories.  DH pointed out that we would only really need seven of the nine books as we already had the first two and asked how much the books were individually.  I had checked.  A decent secondhand copy of the books was @ £2.50, give or take, on eBay.  This meant that if we got a good price, we could perhaps get the next seven books for @ £17.50.  We got the set at £14.99 and next week I plan to go through selling the spare books on eBay with bear. 

It's less moneysaving that it seems, as once I was on there it seemed a shame not to pick one or two other bits up and with free delivery on orders over £25, and there being so many good deals, and father's day coming up and there was a perfect book for DH, well, the delivery came in two large boxes. 

And this morning bear was up as usual @ 6am and wandered downstairs.  But instead of turning on his computer, he picked up book 3 of the Skullduggery Pleasant series and was reading it right up until the moment I insisted he left to go to school.  So I'm recommending the series here. 

The washing machine man came.  Apparently it's noisy because of the age of the machine (18 months!) and not to worry.  Not only that, but he interrupted me as was posting the latest instalment of The White Hart, which is here, for those interested. 

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete