Pages

Thursday 7 June 2018

Rice Salad Again

I feel like the wild card in this family.

I like to vary menus.  First of all it makes it more likely that bear will keep eating things.  He may like something, he may not, terms and conditions apply.  It can be interesting.  Then I think it's nicer to have varied meals, and also you get a broader range of nutrition.  When I'm in a good place it's lots of different soups, pasta, cottage pies etc.  When I'm not in a good place it may be variations on the theme of frozen veg, some easy starch and gluten free burgers/sausages/'breaded' chicken etc. 

Bear may love a dish one day and loathe it the next, but he consistently enjoys rice salad.  I made rice salad on Tuesday.  When I make rice salad there is more salad than rice and its a 'bitsa' meal - bits of this, bits of that.  The men have been happily tucking in to brown rice stirred into chopped bell peppers, celery, sultanas, apple and a little spring onion.  I go with what I have and I served it with chicken.  The men had focaccia with it on Tuesday.  However DH couldn't pick up any focaccia on Wednesday so they had ciabatta with the rice salad and chicken.  They had ciabatta with the rice salad and chicken again today.  They have requested rice salad again tomorrow.  I'm out of chicken but I have sausages. 

I am now wondering how else to shake up rice salad.  I think cooked frozen peas and diced carrots may be added tomorrow, with some sweetcorn for DH and I.  At least it's relatively healthy.   

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete