Pages

Thursday 18 August 2016

Bear's Banana Bread

To be honest, I'm not that keen on the recipe.  It was from the BBC, but I think they got the cooking time/temperature wrong.  Of course, it could have been my temperamental oven.  There are plenty of recipes on the web, so I'll chose another one next time.

As the recipe called for 10 oz (@ 300g) of flour to four bananas and we had twelve bananas to use up, we made three, one after the other.  This meant I felt I spent most of the day washing up as with bear I seem to use a lot more bowls.  He was very good, measuring stuff out and mixing and folding and stuff.  He insisted that the fat and sugar were beaten together by hand and then left me to do it, but I think it's okay.  It doesn't taste too bad, despite being a little heavy.  These are the first two.


Please ignore the mark on the tablecloth.  After all, we had just been baking and it was battlescarred.  I tried cooking the third in the combi cooker and it turned out less risen and somewhat charred.  The important thing was bear's thorough enjoyment of the whole process.  

I have added more baking supplies to my order.  Mind you, it will take even bear and his pals some time to work through those, so perhaps not too much of a hurry.

1 comment:

  1. I took a quick look at the banana bread recipe I use - it states to bake at 350F for 55 to 60 minutes and it does take about 60 minutes for my banana bread to be fully done. I usually stick a thin bamboo skewer in the middle to check to see if it is done and I do find that the edges get a little overdone by the time the bamboo skewer I insert comes out clean.

    ReplyDelete