Pages

Wednesday 4 October 2017

Bear is very Bear

I have posted before about the impossibility of keeping blankets on bear at night time.  He is a small furnace.  He is also getting older.  The teen years are looming.  This morning he was happily getting ready to go out and asked me, 'Mum, where's my coat?'.  There are only a few places that coats end up, even unofficially.  We tore the place apart.  He'd left the coat at school.

So yesterday, when it wasn't particularly warm, he'd raced home in just a shirt (he left his jumper at school as well, which is another issue) and now while I could scrape up a spare jumper, I was stuck about the coat.  Bear sighed and wore a sort of hoodie type jacket.  It was dry when he went to school, but it was wet when he came home - fortunately in his coat.

I did leave the house today, but only the few hundred yards to the doctor's where I got my flu jab.  I now feel a little achy, a little headachy, I have a sore throat and I am feeling a lot better than if I had the real flu.  I intend to take alcohol tonight and take it easy tomorrow.  I hope to go out on Friday, as the weather forecast is good, but Saturday is looking grim.

Thank you for all the supportive comments.  I honestly don't think I would have got out of the front door yesterday without them.  I really appreciate it.

2 comments:

  1. Boys!
    So pleased you are getting out - keep at it a little at a time until it feels just normal

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you feel better soon. Keep your chin up. You can do this!

    ReplyDelete