Pages

Monday 30 October 2017

Poor Bear

Bear is fine now, but I got a call from school at lunch time today saying could I come and check out bear.  He had been hit in the side of the head with a football kicked at full force.  Bear did have a tremendously red and swollen ear (now almost back to normal) and he complained of ringing in his ears and a pain behind his eye (now gone).  I brought him home.

So bear had an easy afternoon, and there's no sign of anything off.  He polished off dinner without much trouble and is now winding down for sleep.

I managed to get out today.  I was determined to get into town.  The Knit and Natter needed a particular type of wool and I thought I'd try and pick some up, and bear has decided he felt much better with almond milk.  It's also easier on DH.  And I made it.  It would have been easier if the buses had turned up.  I spent ages hanging around, but I got in and I came home, so I consider it a win. 

There's always a bright side.  I have a £9 coupon if I spend £90 at Sainsburys.  I was thinking I wouldn't manage to make the total this week, but the iron started playing games tonight.  I just about rescued bear's school shirt.  I suspect the heat setting is broken as it just got hotter and hotter and hotter.  So it looks like a delivery that includes a new iron.  I'll see how it works out. 

4 comments:

  1. Glad to hear bear is OK. I have just had to buy a new iron and a new hairdryer - so difficult as you cannot test drive either. In fact with the hairdryer you cannot even open the box to look at them unless you intend to keep it. Hope going out will get easier for you soon so you don't even have to think about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OUCH! That's scary! Sounds like his little ear took most of the brunt. Thank the good Lord he's right as rain. I've tried almond milk and can't tolerate the stuff even in cereal. I've found a new one that is lactose free that I'm really liking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope Bear continues to recover from being hit with that football!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yikes! Glad to hear it wasn't long-lasting. Hits from footballs can be very painful

    ReplyDelete