Pages

Monday 2 October 2017

Typical!

The nice man came about the washing machine today. 

The washing machine has gone from whistling to moaning, a really awful moan that makes me think it's about to break down.  I have insurance that will either repair or replace, so I was hopeful.  I shifted the stuff in the kitchen so that the washing machine was available and kept my fingers crossed.

The nice man set the machine off, pushed different buttons and tried different programmes.  The machine practically purred.  It never made a murmur out of line.  It gave a wonderful impression of a perfect machine, darn it.  The nice man said that this was normal and could I try recording it next time I hear it.  I nodded politely.  However it doesn't always make the noise and I'm usually on a different floor.  I'll just have to work on it.  The nice man recommended I buy the manufacturer's washing machine cleaner sachets (buy three year's worth and get the fourth year free!) and I'm still considering it. 

But isn't it typical that the dratted thing works like a dratted charm once I have a dratted witness?

Sarah thank you for that massive hug!  I can't tell you how much it means to me.  You are right, I don't have much local support, I consider this blog the main source of support in my life, but I'm not too isolated.  I suspect that you are right - I have had so much over a few years and now it's sort of 'safe' to collapse.  I am able to do less and less.  Tomorrow I have no reason not to go out, except I am finding a gazillion reasons why I have to stay in.  I'll update with how I do.  Thank you again for your comment, and thanks to all who have commented with support.  I'm very grateful.

1 comment:

  1. Morning Sybil. Looking forward to hearing how you get on. You've got lots of virtual friends behind you today.

    ReplyDelete