Pages

Friday 9 November 2018

I Couldn't Do This!

I was looking for some easy listening music on YouTube to try encourage myself to write (currently listening to this - Relaxing Celtic Music, though I have no idea what is Celtic about it.  It doesn't sound like the music of the war bands that sacked Rome) and I found a YouTuber called Stacey Flowers who is working on a grocery budget of $50 per month which equates to £38.37 per month.  Stacey is a person on their own and is working towards paying off debt, so has a lot of control about her budget, and it didn't include cleaning products or things like toilet paper, but that is still incredibly skimpy. 

I believe that Stacey Flowers does this (example here), and I have incredible respect for her, but I know that I would barely last a week on that budget.  For three of us - DH, bear and I - that would come to £115.11 for a month.  That's £26.77 per week for the three of us. I'm going to have to go away and think about it.  I know some people have to follow that sort of rigid budget, and I am in awe of those that do.  I just don't know where I would start. 

Bear's report came through today.  The school sent out an email and they don't give a report on his achievement, but on his attitude to learning.  I am totally behind this as bear has a habit of doing only what he needs to do to get by.  When it comes down to it, bear is at the expected standard apart three subjects where he is a little above the expected standard.  To be fair to bear, the expected standard is pretty tough, and, as per title, I would struggle.  Bear is going to be put out that he can't just get away with the minimum. 

Writing stuff - Glass and Ashes will be out soon, and I will be updating with events as they happen.  I've never been in an anthology before, so I'm not entirely sure what to expect.  I'm also taking part in 12 Days of Indies which is a promotion of indie authors, and when I work out what is happening (I've never done this before either) I will share.  There will be an opportunity to pick up books that are on promotion and therefore less expensive than normal, so it may be worth looking out for. 

And finally, the White Hart is still in business and the latest instalment is here


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete