Pages

Thursday 8 November 2018

Soup

DH is feeling full of flu.  I need to make a fuss of him.  He came in and I made 'home made' soup.  Morrisons sell a 'vegetable soup kit' which costs £1, and which is 500g of finely chopped carrot swede, potato etc with the instructions to add a stock cube and water.  I also added lots of garlic, a bouquet garni sachet and plenty of lentils.  Bear's pal insisted on staying for dinner when he heard that 'home made' soup was on the menu, and practically inhaled his share.  It was served with wholemeal bread which makes it a good complete meal.  I don't feel like it was properly home made, but I was glad I didn't have to chop a swede.  They are far tougher than I am.

As the weather is drawing in, I need to get some more comfort food in.  I think I'm looking at making dhal soon, or hoppin john.  When I mentioned to bear that I would be cutting down on meat to help fight climate change, he was aghast.  However these soups go down without complaint, as does frittata and cheese on toast and he hasn't noticed. 

I am currently overrun with requests for cheese.  Bear and DH have always had problems with cheese.  However they currently are managing just fine and have been wolfing down wensleydale, chedder, cheshire and some slices of what was described as 'black cheese' which is described as cheese flavoured with cocoa and carob.  Bear utterly rejected it and DH was dubious.  I am still sick whenever I eat cheese, so I have to just watch, wistfully, as they try the 'white cheese with cranberries' again. 

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete