Pages

Thursday 22 November 2018

My Head Hurts

I had another driving lesson today (no casualties).  I did not expect there to be a lot of mist.  It certainly wasn't in the weather forecast.  I may have rattled around reasonably well, but when the visibility dropped, I became nervous, especially at the big roundabout.  I was genuinely worried I wouldn't be able to cars coming.  I was going to finish the lesson by being dropped off at Aldi, but I decided against it.  The roads I would have had to take are notoriously winding and with a lot of horse riders.  I went online instead.  Fortunately, you can't order many types of yarn online. 

Bear thoroughly enjoyed climbing and then told me about some programme that he can log into that has science quizzes.  It's supervised by the school so I tell him to go for it.  Bear then decides that I need to be educated in science and so explained to me that if you add an acid to an alkaline, you get a salt and something.  I scraped a pass in my 'O' level chemistry over thirty years ago.  I agreed that he should explain things to me as my education was so poor (actually, if he has to explain things to me, it helps settle information in his memory).  Between bear explaining the quizzes to me and trying to explain what happens when you mix hydrochloric acid and sodium hydroxide (salt and water, I believe, but don't take my word for it as bear was using a white board and I couldn't read his writing), my head is completely muddled.  So I am going to bed to try and sleep it off.

Photo by Hans Reniers on Unsplash

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete