Pages

Saturday 7 December 2019

Panic with the Pity Party

I went into Leeds by myself today. Bear still is under the weather, so I nipped in, picked up some veggies, and bought a very small tuna steak (how much?) for bear. He is under strict instructions that his next recipe has to be inexpensive.

I got lost on the way home. For those not familiar with Leeds, it has a complicated one way system, and the satnav sends me out towards South Leeds, particularly through the industrial estates. This would have been okay, and I've managed it before, except I strayed into the wrong lane of four. I ended up on the motorway by myself for the first time ever. Anyone near enough could have heard aaaarghhhhbuggerbuggerbugger as I headed up the slip road - and I swear there was a car that matched my speed so I couldn't get onto the motorway. I was terrified! I managed in the end, thanks to a very kind driver, just before I hit the embankment. I was unamused. I'm confident that the next time I go on a motorway by myself I'll be fine. I would have probably been a little less stressed if I had had a little more notice.

Bear didn't like the tuna. He said it tasted sour. However he very much enjoyed his accompaniments, so that is something. Once again, I just hung around the kitchen and let him get on with it. He did all the prep, all the actual frying, he decided when he was going to add stuff and when he was going to let it rest. I plan to keep this going.

I'm actually feeling quite poorly now. I was planning on nipping out to Tesco for some bits, but I'm not in desperate need, and I just want to sleep.

VC - you did us a favour today as well as doing yourselves proud. I just had a look at the table, and you have to have a good chance at Europe.

Hugs to all

btw I was going through my pics and here is a rather poor pic of a vampire killing kit, taken when we last went to the Royal Armouries.

No comments:

Post a Comment