Pages

Wednesday 18 December 2019

Tough Driving Day

This morning I was worried about ice as the pavements were white with frost and I saw some pedestrians struggling a little. In fact, I overtook one lady who was determindly walking along the nice, non-slip road instead of the ice rink that was a path. I approved and gave her plenty of room. The roads were actually fine.

Then when I went to pick bear up the mist had come down. I was seriously considering getting him to come home on the bus as visibility was really low. Then I remembered that his phone had run out of charge this morning. I was so nervous, but I managed. The mist had mainly gone by the time I returned.

However I can take some pride. I passed the test in March, and I'm doing okay. I will face genuinely icy roads, snow and goodness knows what else, and I feel that I will do fine. I am not sure I should be writing about driving so much, as it is becoming more and more second nature. On the other hand, not much else happened today, so that is something.

Now I am hiding with a headache.

Hugs to all.

4 comments:

  1. I enjoy reading about your driving adventures so please don't stop. I think you are doing more than okay with your driving. You should give yourself a pat on the back for how well you've done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The weather is just so bad here - fog, rain, frost what else can be thrown at us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you! I had my little brave moment the other day and actually drove when there was snow on the ground. I hate it. Not so much because of my driving but people around here don't seem to slow down. They get really annoyed and don't leave space. I did manage it. Phew.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been driving for years (from ... erhem... the age of 12 but not in this country I hasten to add!) but ice and snow - I shudder at those conditions - so well done :)

    ReplyDelete