Pages

Sunday 4 April 2021

Happy Easter!

Alleluia, Christ is Risen.

Bless - thank you, and Happy Easter to you as well! I can't remember where I saw the idea, but using sponges seemed inspired.

I wasn't going to post this, but I thought I needed to be honest. The herbs aren't doing so well. They have all sort of flopped. I took a picture this afternoon.


They are looking very uninspired. I'll keep an eye on them, and of course they had a good water today, but the weather forecast is for cold weather the next few days, possibly frost or even a few flakes of snow. I've got a couple of supermarket coriander plants that need to go into something and I am planning on keeping them on the kitchen windowsill. I'll be using the bottom halves of the five litre vinegar containers - well washed out, of course. They fit on the windowsill in the kitchen, but nowhere else. I'm saving the bottles from water and fizzy drinks (far too many) to start some seeds off in the windows.

Speaking of plans, Lent has ended. I decided to try and make more sense and organisation of my life over the forty days, to make it easier for me to go forward in faith, as much as anything else. It's not been a raging success. I always tell the truth on the blog, reserving the right to fudge a few details for privacy. It's been okay. I'm getting a combination of the bullet journal and the Secret Slob's version of the Fly Lady going, and so far it's been a lukewarm success. I've got a huge quantity of paperwork sorted (badly) and stashed as I finally found a place to put it. When I say a quantity, there were bags of the stuff, going back two years or more. I think the shredder is on its last legs as I worked my way through shredding, sorting and binning, but the place is a lot clearer. I've made space in some corners, and I feel that there is a chance for me to make more space as I go. 

Electronically, my emails have dropped from around 4,000 unread to around 1,000 unread, and I've unsubscribed to a few email letters. It's not brilliant, but it's a start and I'm settling in to checking and deleting on a regular basis. My next task is my desk top on my computer. There is actually no more space on my home screen as it is covered in icons. I need to look at that soon. But I'll take the wins that I can. 

It's not very exciting. It's not fantastic success, nor is it a fail. It's a sort of bumping along in the right direction. That makes me hopeful that I'll get there in the end.

And I feel a sort of optimism as I once again start doing the twice daily routine of hauling a watering can up and down steps at least three or four times to get the garden watered. I need to exercise, so that will be a small something. I need to dig out all our seeds and plan for some planting. I'll share if I get that done.

The thing that has helped me most is a battered and rather uninspiring spiral bound A4 notebook where I am just dumping all my thoughts and ideas. I use it as a sounding board and a way of organising how I go on from minute to minute. Sometimes it helps me work out what I should do in the next half hour, or which order I should attack half a dozen very trivial and small steps that get things moving in the right direction. 

I'm very sniffly at the moment. I had some toadflax in the garden, and I relocated a clump to the fence near Matalan as the stuff is quite pretty and will crawl over anything. While I was there, I took a pic of one of the reasons I'm sniffing.

This is the least blurry photo I managed, as the wind was quite strong.

I'll share more about how successful I am with the organising as I go along. Happy Easter and Blessed Eostre. Hugs and good health to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment