Pages

Wednesday 21 April 2021

Still Trees

Sharon - Thank you. I think that I could have written a murder mystery. It was the sort of overfilled, late middle aged man with no volume control that tends to latch on to people. It's usually someone who is younger than them and that looks too polite to tell them to go away, so you are stuck, glassy eyed, looking for escape. He said a brief word when he used a chair from the table I was on, but I smiled, nodded and concentrated desperately on writing in my notebook. I wasn't actually writing anything at that point, but I kept the pen moving until he went away. I think the man in the corner was too old so he picked on some young lasses in the corner until one of the staff rescued them by triggering a tannoy announcement about mixing groups and bubbles and he sort of huffed and moved on.

I managed some ironing and a little tiny bit in the garden, as well as some writing, so today has been okay. However, I'm still worried about the trees opposite. They seem to be leaning over further than ever. I don't know if it's the new growth or the flowers, but I swear it's getting worse.




It isn't much, but it's the only pic I got where I remembered that I had a new case for the phone and that I needed to move things so that the camera worked. Sigh. 

The thing is, the trees are seriously bowed over, and the new growth and flowers aren't going to help. I was worried about them when the soil was wet, but now that the soil is drying out, I'm not sure it could be worse. The weather forecast isn't showing much in the way of rain for the next month! I'll have to spend the time and get some proper pics.

Now I'm off to watch the Great British Sewing Bee. I'll worry about the rest tomorrow.

Hugs and good health to all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment