Pages

Tuesday 10 May 2022

I Didn't Make a List

 Sharon - I love the flowers coming out. It really means spring to me.

Eileen - the whole of the (quite small) park is on the side of a steep hill, so lots of steps and slopes. At least there is a handrail on these steps, which is quite a luxury. The park isn't near my home, but it works like this - bear's school is eight miles away. There is a huge Tesco very near bear's school. The park is between the school and Tesco. I really ought to walk there every day.

Yesterday I decided that I was going to get myself straight and make a list. I didn't make a list. However, I am feeling that things have been achieved, in spite of myself. It just means that stuff gets missed if I don't keep lists, so I am a little worried.

I dropped bear off at school, then had a walk. I've been avoiding them, but it's the only way that I'm going to loosen up my joints. I only had a small walk, and admired the rhododendrons. 

Then I headed to Aldi. I bought another ball of yarn for the blanket, the one that I was supposed to finish by the end of Lent. I've knitted two 200g balls, but it just doesn't look like it will be long enough, especially as it's turning out quite wide. I'm stopping at five balls, however, as there has to be a limit. If I have the energy tomorrow, I'll take a pic of the progress. Anyway, I picked up a few bits there and headed into Tesco. 

I pay for the Extra Clubcard. This means I pay £7.99 per month, but I can save 10% on two shops per month. All I need to do is spend two lots of £40 and I get my money back. I saved £7.69 today, but I got less than you would think. Fortunately we don't need much. On a sort of bright side, I wandered up and down like a lost soul trying to remember everything that I got my steps in for the day.

When I got home, I emptied the fridge of out of date stuff, washed out a load of the old jars, like the four jars of elderly mustard that had been lurking at the back of the fridge, finished off writing the flash fiction that should have been posted yesterday (here, if you're interested), did some washing, and I even ate reasonable food for lunch instead of a snack (corn fritters and baked beans). In fact, I've been remarkably healthy today. I dropped two large bags of jars and bottles at the bottle bank when I picked up bear, did some knitting, brought bear home, got more washing on, ironed one (1) shirt, made dinner, and then my back went. I'm not moving again tonight. 

Bear has been practising the piano and violin again. I can't complain, though the neighbours might. I'm just glad that he's finding it relaxing.

I'm not sure how much I'll be posting or when over the next few days. Tomorrow we are going to see a streamed version of Henry V. It's a production of the National Theatre, and they sometimes send performances to theatres to share. We'll be seeing it at the City Varieties in Leeds. Then Thursday is a late pick up for bear, as he has a drama rehearsal so I won't get him home until around 7pm. Friday bear has been invited to go ice skating. This involves him being picked up by me and coming home, then getting a bus, another bus, getting a burger, ice skating, getting a bus and then getting picked up by me around 10.30pm. It is being organised by teenagers, so I will wait and see. I can see me getting some miles in.

Hugs and good health to all. 

4 comments:

  1. Glad you were able to walk a bit. I think it does help. Hope the next few days go well. Have fun at the play tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. List are brilliant. Unfortunately I seldom remember to pick them up as I head out the door. How's the back today? Hopefully it will be a lot less painful but please be gentle with yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did Henry V for O level and it's the first Shakespeare play I saw in the theatre. I hope Bear enjoys it, and you too of course.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You might not have made a list, but, it sounds like you had a very productive day! Hope your back feels better, tomorrow, and the rest of the week goes well. Sounds like you'll be busy!

    ReplyDelete