Pages

Friday 15 July 2022

Not so Warm for Now

 Bless - I always ask about behaviour. I don't reward grades, I try and reward effort. And I am not doing well with the heat, but hope to get used to it for the next few days. A national warning of extreme weather for the heat has gone out.

Eileen - I don't want to give bear too many excuses. He does so well everywhere else that I don't want him to feel that he has to be perfect. On the other hand, so many teachers in such a short time makes me sort of blame the teaching. Apparently there's an intervention at the start of next term and he has been given a huge stack of reading and exercises for over the holidays. I signed him up for the school, and in so many ways it's brilliant, but I worry that there is so much on him. On the other hand, he doesn't seem to be feeling under pressure, so perhaps it's okay. 

Today has been a funny sort of day. I had a delivery and got some extra mushrooms - which were fine. I managed to fit them into the crammed freezer. It took a little while, but the mushrooms were on offer so I took advantage of the deal.


Chopping up mushrooms can leave some muck behind. You can bet that I checked them after last time, but they were fine.

Hugs and good health to all. 

3 comments:

  1. Does it work out much cheaper to freeze fresh mushrooms rather than buying pre-frozen?

    Good luck to Bear with his holiday reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your forecasted heat wave made it onto our news, today! 104F for perhaps the first time in the UK, it said. Hope you manage to stay cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have lovely cooling rain right now so it's cooled things down nicely and given the garden a really good drink before the onslaught of the forecast heat wave

    ReplyDelete