Pages

Tuesday 12 July 2022

Still Wilting

Cherie - I am not doing well in the heat. I hope that it doesn't last too much longer after next weekend.

I'm not sure what I have done today. I'm so tired, I can barely move. Hopefully the bathroom will be sorted soon. 

Bear has not done well in his English exam and his drama mark wasn't fantastically brilliant (still pretty respectable, but not a top mark). I am trying to convince him that one bad mark isn't the end of the world. He's pretty calm, but I'm not letting him frame something that is an actual pass as a failure. It still seems weird to DH and I, as we both found English incredibly easy. It's a good reminder for me that bear is his own person and has different strengths. It's a good reminder to bear that he isn't superman. 

Hugs and good health to all.

3 comments:

  1. Hope it gets cooler soon! Sorry to hear that bear didn't do too well in English, but, then, he's good in Maths and Physics, etc. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I struggle in this sort of weather as well but am getting bits done in fits and starts with long breaks in between. The garden doesn't like the heat either and several plants are sporting scorched leaves.

    Was his English mark below the school's expectation? One of my friend's daughters struggled with the subject for a long time until I realised that she had never been taught how to structure an essay in an English exam to get good marks. Once we sorted that out her marks improved.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It started off pleasantly cool this morning but its a scorcher now. Hope you are managing to stay cool.

    ReplyDelete