Pages

Wednesday 25 February 2015

Why, why, why?

I've bid, and won, on a sewing pattern on ebay.  It looks an amazing pattern.  You take seven yards of fabric and gather it into a neckline, as far as I can see.



I got the picture of the sew essentials website, which looks quite good.  The link is here.  I am saving the site and planning to go back there.

Why have I bid on a pattern that looks insanely tough for my very basic skills?  I haven't even got the dratted sewing machine out of the dratted box.  I cannot imagine ever having the courage to wear any of it, and I don't know anyone who would either.

And why am I mad enough to get a pattern that needs seven yards of material that is unlikely to come in at less than £4 per yard when not only will I be completely out of my depth but also unable to use the cheap sheet/duvet cover/pillowcase stash because it is such a particular fabric?  It will cost a fortune to get right.  Where am I going to draft out the pieces - after looking at those gathers the pieces will be enormous.

I know why I have had my mad moment.  Yes, I will love having a go at some point at the dracula nightie, but really it's because father has been refusing medicine and isn't eating enough.  There are worse things to displace with.

2 comments:

  1. Sending hugs, as usual - I can offer no sewing expertise at all as I am absolutely useless at it. I'm sticking to knitting - good luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you do want to make something I'd recommend Very Easy Vogue, the patterns really are very easy & when made up they resemble an item of clothing. Some 'easy' patterns resemble nothing more than a bin bag when made up!

    ReplyDelete