Pages

Friday 17 July 2020

An Epic Journey

Eileen - thank you! I feel incredibly hugged. I hope I can keep on bringing a smile. And while I hope I'm useful for a little relaxation, I am incredibly grateful for the support, encouragement and information from the lovely people who read this. Thank you.

Ruth - I cherish all comments and I will definitely start talking about it to 'car' people. 

Kate - your dream definitely wins. I have never come near that, not even with shark infested sweetcorn. That is something!

Sharon - thank you, hugs are definitely here.

Today I aimed for Tesco in North Leeds and missed. I missed with style and gusto. I went past the same former pub three times. It was glorious. I'm unfamiliar with North Leeds, so I kept guessing which turn I needed and I kept guessing wrong. I went past some places three times. When I came home and looked at my Google maps timeline, it was a wonderful series of loops - for 35 miles! I did stop at Tesco in Roundhay (which is a little smaller) and picked up some bits, but on the whole it was driving practice. 

To be honest, it was quite necessary driving practice. I can drive down little country roads with switchback curves and ridiculous slopes, but anything over 40mph scares me. If I go to Tesco at Seacroft, I have to go at speed, and I'll have to use dual carriageways with national speedlimits and use lane discipline. It's terrifying. Some of the lorries and vans out there are a downright menace. I need to learn to deal with it. 

Bear is doing really well at the moment. He still has a lot of pain, but he is much more positive in himself. He went for a walk today, which has already caused issues, but he did it. I am so proud of him. 

I missed the announcement today about the rules but I skimmed over the headlines and I am completely confused and bewildered. Meanwhile, I was one of the only ones wearing a mask in the shop today. I am really worried. I had a quick look online, and Tesco do have some slots available at the moment, but who knows how that would go if we were locked down locally. DH will be going into work from August. He drives (public transport isn't realistic) and it's a small office, but it's still a worry. Then school is coming up and bear goes to school in Kirklees, which is something of a hotspot, at least compared to Leeds. I will be glad when this is all over.

Hugs and especially good health to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment