Pages

Monday 6 July 2020

Keeping Fingers Crossed

Something odd happened while I was trying to get money out of the ATM, and I'm still not sure what. I spent quite a while sitting in Tesco car park and trying to navigate the bank's phone systems to check. It's probably nothing, but I've logged it with the bank and I'm watching the account like a hawk.

This threw me more off balance than usual on a Monday, but I managed to get stuff in for the rest of the week. I can call in and use the ATM another time. The garage only takes cash, and I'll need it for all the paintwork sorting.

Bless - I'm glad I reminded you. The MOT is a check to see if the car is fit for the road. According to one firm, here, the MOT includes checks on lights, battery, horn (wouldn't know about that - I hardly ever use it!), electrics, steering, suspension, brakes, tyres, seat belts, bodywork, exhaust, mirrors, wipers and windscreen. It has to be done every year on any car more than three years old and you are in big trouble if you let it lapse. Dishonest garages find all sorts of faults. This garage seems a sweetie, and red passed just fine.

The rest of the day I've been trying to catch up with writing stuff. It's going medium.

btw, there are reports of the Black Death rising again in the East. Apparently one person has caught it. It's just what with fires, floods and covid-19, we're all feeling a little twitchy. It isn't something you should treat lightly, but it's okay not to worry about it too much. On the one hand, it's endemic anyway and Madagascar has a hundred or so deaths from Bubonic Plague every year. There are usually a handful of cases in the USA and cases also pop up in central Africa, Mongolia and South America. On the other hand, I don't like to tempt fate, and this year has been difficult, but it's not the same as it was in the Middle Ages. Hygiene and pest control are very different and very few people are exposed to rat fleas the same way (I believe most of the cases in the US come from people disturbing prairie dog burrows or coming into contact with infected squirrels). Besides, unlike Covid-19, there is a cure for the Bubonic Plague. It's a bacteria that is easily treated by antibiotics if it is caught early enough. There are lots of things going on to worry about. Please do not worry about Bubonic Plague. It's very, very unlikely to have any impact on us at all. 

Writing stuff - this week's writing challenge is here. All are welcome to have a go! 

Hugs and good health to all. 

1 comment:

  1. I hope all works out with the ATM. Here apparently, there is a coin shortage and some places aren't accepting cash at all! I always make sure to keep an eye on my account. I must admit to being a little paranoid about it.

    ReplyDelete