Pages

Saturday 4 July 2020

Could be Worse

Happy Canada Day (late but very sincerely meant) and Happy Independence Day to all those from across the pond who are reading this. 

My little car, red, passed the MOT without a problem. She also had a service and the very nice man checked the gear stick and said he didn't understand, it looked fine. Later, in Tesco car park, I couldn't get it into reverse again. I think it's going to be one of those little quirks.

It's going to cost a fortune to get the scratches out. I'm not sure what happened. The damage to the other car was incredibly hard to spot, but I have gouges. I think something else has happened, but I couldn't tell you what. 

After I picked up the car, I went for a drive. I need to drive much more. I drove around forty miles, but I am losing confidence and I need to take bear to a strange hospital on Wednesday. I'm really nervous about that as the roadworks in Leeds caused issues for DH who has been dealing with Leeds city centre for years, so I'm not sure how much I'll be able to do. Besides, it's on a road which I have consistently failed to reach. Last time I tried, I ended up the other side of Leeds as a truly epic fail. I'm planning a trial run on Tuesday, but conditions change. 

I've also been considering a bird table. I'm not sure about it as there are a lot of birds, which I would love to watch, but every time I look at bird food I keep finding references to meal worms. I'm not up for that at this stage. 

Hugs and good health to all.

2 comments:

  1. Glad your car passed the MOT; I am assuming it is similar to our smog test to check for emissions. I need to mail in my car registration renewal - thanks for reminding me! :) Good luck with the driving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry about replying to this new comment on an old post, but I wanted to mention my car problem. Years ago, we owned a Jeep Cherokee. It was over 10 years old when this problem started with the starter. I would sit there and try, try, try to start the car. There would be no response for minutes at a time. I took it in to the Jeep dealer and they couldn't find anything wrong. It started right up for them. Which it continued to do, until it stopped starting. So we had it hauled away and bought a new car. Three weeks after I called the same Jeep dealer and talked to a service guy. I mentioned the previous problem and he said, "Oh, your flywheel starter motor was dying." I said, "Where were you four weeks ago?" "Oh, I just got hired." Fast forward several years and my daughter tells me about her problems starting her Toyota Camry. I tell her my story and she ignores it, buys a new secondhand car.
    So I understand what you mean by a little "quirk" in your car, and I sincerely hope that it doesn't cause very many problems. My suggestion: talk to every car repair person you can and ask their opinion about the "quirk" - maybe someone will know what needs to be done! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete