Pages

Friday 25 July 2014

Far Too Warm

Thank you for the suggestions about the beans.  I was considering freezing them, but my track record on using things from the freezer isn't good unless they are bought.  I am still considering the matter.

I am not really enjoying the weather.  I don't do well in the heat and it is 29C on our landing. I know that this is not a huge number for some parts of the world but it is pretty high here.  The weather is supposed to cool down over the next few days, but our house holds the heat.  This is lovely in January, but less lovely now.

Bear is bored, not enjoying anything much, far too hot and far too tired.  I have booked piano lessons for bear to start again in September.  Last time was an abject failure because bear loathes travel.  This time the teacher comes to us.  The man sounds lovely but I am not sure he knows what he is in for.  Regardless it is a good excuse for bear to work through his old work books and see what he can bring to the table with the new teacher.

My feet were too swollen to get shoes on today so couldn't visit but I have been in touch with the hospital and father seems to be doing well.

1 comment:

  1. Why not buy your next tin of beans and put on a sticky label and write "Half tin in freezer" on it. Not meaning to be a smart Alec! I keep a list on the freezer door and cross things off when they are taken out; sometimes we forget, but it is useful.

    ReplyDelete