Pages

Tuesday 23 October 2018

Another Day, Another Driving Lesson

Bear managed to get me to spill the beans.  He wanted me to meet him from school tomorrow when it finishes at 3.15pm.  I couldn't because my driving test is tomorrow at @ 3.30pm.  I have agreed that I will meet him in Morrisons after the test. 

I am not confident at all.  Today I drove past the place where the test will start at the time of the test - I will be starting from outside bear's school at just after school ends.  Bear's school has a lot of pupils from further away and while plenty of kids were lining up at bus stops, there seemed to be a gazillion parents picking up children.  What can I say?  One day I hope to be one of them, but I'll be making bear walk a little so I don't get caught up in the madness.  It was utter bedlam.  The streets were absolutely jammed.  There was double parking everywhere.  I started a popular test route and I spent the first ten minutes inching, squeezing, hanging back and waiting.  There wasn't enough room to drive and there were a lot of drivers.  The one that took my breath away was the one who, when I was finally getting clear of the worst of the congestion, pulled into the road I was exiting and then reversed out!  Looking back he must have seen the queue of traffic and thought, 'stuff this for a game of soldiers' and reversed, blocking exits, and, while I can't blame him for me stalling (trying to get out from a stop in 2nd gear will do that every time), he really didn't help the chaos. 

Bear has a school trip tomorrow, so this evening has been spent making sure that he has everything.  He is not looking forward to it as it will mean travelling on a coach.  I also have to sort out a packed lunch that he will actually eat.  Negotiations have been ongoing and will continue in the morning about him actually wearing an actual coat.  I always thought the stories about teenagers refusing to wear a coat were exaggerated.  Bear isn't quite twelve but he's already gearing up for it. 

Writing stuff - Timothy Bateson's 31 Days of Halloween has another teaser from Wolves in the Desert  Only eight days left! 

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete