Pages

Thursday 25 October 2018

Further than Aldi

Thank you for all the incredibly supportive messages.  I feel hugged and almost ready for anything. 

Jules - I still don't feel grown up, but I'll fake it till I make it. 

wherethejourneytakesme - that's a deal! 

Thank you for all the great support after another fail, but I've only had serious driving lessons since July, and a few hours before that in May.  So I'm not taking it too hard, and I have asked my utterly awesome instructor to book me in for the end of November.  I can do this!  Also, after just a few months, I honestly believe that there are drivers out there worse than my current standard.  It is scary

Today I got out of the house!  In fact, I got as far as Roundhay Park, which was wonderful and bright.  I called in at the cafe, where a pigeon was wandering around the (inside) eating area.


Then I walked down to the Upper Lake.  When I go next, I'm going to have to be careful as the paths get covered in leaves which can get slippery.  This is the actual, paved path to the lake.


It was lovely and crunchy to walk on, and led to the lake which looked like this


And then I had a wander through the woods, which sounded like the sea with the wind in the branches, and I went just a little way, as far as this


This is a nineteenth century folly which ought to be haunted.  I am setting the book I am currently writing around Roundhay Park (see, being all grown up and doing research).    And then I went to Aldi and didn't buy stuff I didn't need for the first time ever!  I just picked up some veggies and diced chicken and some treats for the lads over half term.

Bear was home early and is off tomorrow for a teacher training day.  He was somewhat disappointed that he hasn't hit a certain thingy to get a different thingy (it gets vague) but he brought home raffle tickets with a strong hint that each child sends back £10 for the tickets.  We are adding it to the spreadsheet we are keeping.  DH brought in dinner, which I was grateful for, as I am not used to this walking (I am so ashamed of my lack of fitness) and I think I will be recovering from the driving lessons for a while.  I am not having any more until after half term, so for a week at least. 

Writing stuff - a little more going on today.  I got an attack of poetry, which you can find here, which is part of my plan to be posting on my writing blog at least once a week.  Timothy Bateson's 31 Days of Halloween has a Book Spotlight on 'The Greatest of Books' by Rosa Marchisella, linky here.  The anthology 'Glass and Ashes' is now available, and I have a story included (and I am so giddy about it - it's been amazing to be part of it).  Also, keep an eye out for the 12 Days of Indie coming up with books from independent authors at great prices (yep, I'm taking part). 

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete